For my short film, I decided to brainstorm and explore the different avenues my film could take, taking into account, all the conventions of short films that I had noted. I decided to take the thought provoking approach as I wanted to make a film with a message, which was a common convention in short films. I decided on a theme of turning points - similar, in ways, to a 'Sliding Doors' sort of moment. Taking logistics and realism into account, I decided that the subject of my film would miss a bus, and the film would explore the consequences that come out of his/her missed oppurtunity, and the possibilities that would never come about. I considered shooting a parallel storyline whereby the subject is filmed catching and missing the bus, only revealing, or hinting, at which event was reality and which was fantasy. After some consideration, I decided to only film the missing the bus scene, as it would be complicated, and would take up much-needed screen time (my film is only supposed to be around 5 minutes). I decided to explore the possibility of catching the bus, only in the person's mind, and to compensate for cutting the scene, I decided to include a voiceover, which would be really helpful and that the subject of the film would be a snobbish woman, who gets her comeuppance as missing the bus, one unfortunate day, would be the catalyst in a chain of events that would change her life forever. I filmed some scenes yesterday involving a tramp, to highlight the problems and growing gap between poverty and wealth, mentally and physically, and to provide an oppurtunity for the audience to see the real character of the subject of the film.
Overall, the filming went well, and I will review the scenes we already have in due course and work out what will happen from here on in. I still have to make a poster and do a review for the film, one of which needs to be finished by the 18th of October.
No comments:
Post a Comment