Monday, 27 September 2010

Planning

After reviewing a lot of the footage, I have decided to have another filming day where I will gather a larger variety of shots to use in the final film. I have been developing the storyline as well, as we are limited with what we can do, resource-wise. I explored the idea that the woman, instead of being hostile towards the tramp at the end, could be accepting of her new situation, which would illustrate the materialism vs spiritualism theme better than the idea before. Also, the meaning of the film, though implicit, may have to be a little more conspicious as some viewers may not understand.
So far the story is that the woman will miss the bus, setting of a chain of events, which would lead to her financial demise and subsequent homelessness - raising the issue of naivety and lack of understanding of the world. It also draws attention to the line between poverty and wealth and the meaning of real happiness - represented by the tramp - who is seemingly more unfortunate in life, but is more worldly and happy than the woman.
I think this storyline would illustrate my point better than the one before. The chain of events would probably start with her losing her promotion and job, breaking up with her boyfriend, and losing her home. It seems trivial that this is all because she missed the bus but that is the point. The bus is the turning point of the story and is designed to make people think. Also her treatment of the tramp ties in with the bus as it can be perceived as karma. The demise would be gradual and the voiceover will definitely help. Music can't be used, which doesn't affect my film at all really, because I have changed the storyline. The length of the film is important, and I still have to decide how to start the film as this sets the scene and mood. It could start with a phonecall from her boyfriend - giving the audience the oppurtunity to see that the woman is horrible to her boyfriend too, showing her ambitions in life are money-driven. In a way, it does tie in with the seven deadly sins, but I will have to develop the start so the film conveys her flaws in an effective manner to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment